I am a child of the 90s, so I was exposed to a healthy amount of the junk foods that dominated the advertising at the time. As a child my mom did not keep any junk food in the house, if we wanted a treat she would make a cake or brownies from scratch. My brother and I would get so frustrated when we’d see our friends with all of those “cool” new foods that we would see on TV. The only time we would get to eat junk food was when we’d visit friends and family or occasionally on the weekends my parents would get us pizza and soda! What a treat!
(Btw, I don’t have children but I have nieces and when I watch TV with them I am always horrified by how much crap food is marketed on children’s programing. I think it should be illegal for advertisers to target children with junk foods.)
I distinctly remember “Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at suppertime. When pizza’s on a bagel, you can eat pizza anytime!”
Now honestly, this jingle could be re purposed as the official jingle of the keto diet. Pizza is an easy staple on keto so I incorporate pepperoni and cheese into a lot of meals. These chicken pizza bites remind me of those delicious little pizza bagel bites from sleepover parties in the 90s! These are super quick to throw together too, so you can have them in the morning, evening, or a suppertime 🙂
Keto Pizza Bites
Makes 12 servings
- 500 gram, Chicken Breast Cutlets – Cubed
- 1 Medium Clove (4g), Fresh
- 0.25 cup, Shredded Parmesan
- 2 egg, Eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup, shredded, Cheese, mozzarella
- 12 Slices, Pepperoni Slices
- 12 olives (15g), Medium Black Olive
- Preheat to 350F Degrees.
- Add your diced chicken breast to your food processor and pulse until you have a chicken puree.
- Add in the 2 eggs, garlic clove, salt pinch and shredded Parmesan.
- Pulse until it’s all Incorporated.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with a little grease and press about a 1/4 cup or less of the chicken mixture into each cup.
- Bake the chicken mixture for about 8 minutes or until they temp at 155F.
- Take them out of the oven and top each with cheese, pepperoni and olives. If you would like you could add some marinara to these, I chose not to because it would up the carb count but it would be delicious!
- Put them back in the oven under the broiler on high for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese becomes brown and bubbly.
I wish these had more fat in them to round out the macros a little bit. I think next time I make them I will use chicken thighs instead of breasts to see how that goes 🙂
I put the nutrition info into Myfitnesspal and this is what I came up with:
Makes 12 servings: Cals: 108, Fat: 6g, Net Carbs: 1g, Protein: 13g